This Week’s Edition of FN3..
2022 CHURCH THEME: Our 2022 church theme is: “Going forth with a fresh anointing: More determined than ever.” Scriptures are Psalm 27:13, Romans 8:18, Isaiah 64:4(1 Corinthians 2:9), 2 Corinthians 4:8, 2 Corinthians 5:7, Proverbs 3:5&6. The hymn is “We’ve come this far by faith,” and the song is “Revival” by Jules Juda.
YOUTH NEWSLETTER: The current issue of our youth newsletter, “The Nazzy,” is available by clicking on this link
CLASS OF 2022: Attention parents and students: The names of K5 Kindergarten, Grade 5 elementary, Grade 8 Middle School, 12th grade High school, college and other graduates must be submitted to the church office by May 28 for inclusion in our annual recognition.
HONOR ROLL 2022: Parents and students: The Youth Ministry is asking that the names of students who have made the honor roll anytime during the current academic year be submitted to the church office by May 28 for inclusion in the upcoming issue of The Nazzy—youth newsletter.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL: Vacation Bible School is June 6-10. Virtual classes serve children through senior adults. Register through the church office.
STATE YOUTH CONVENTION: The Youth Department of the Woman’s Baptist Educational and Missionary Convention of SC invites all youth to the Youth Pageant and Worship on June 13 and June 14, respectively, at Brookland Baptist Church. Please call the church office at (803) 254-6232 to register and support our Youth Pageant contestant, Sha’Nee Reeves.
NEW MEMBERS WANTED: The Progressive Ministry is seeking new and former members. The ministry meets via Zoom on 3rd Tuesdays at 7 p.m. For further information, contact Audrey Neal or Rev. Hazel Reese.
NEW MEMBERS WANTED: The Healthcare and Wellness Ministry is recruiting new members, especially to assist with Sunday screenings. Please see one of the healthcare members in the vestibule or contact the church office if interested in signing up.
DERM VOLUNTEERS: Our Disaster Emergency Relief Ministry can always use more helping hands. A busier than usual hurricane season has been forecasted and our brothers and sisters impacted by these storms will need our help. If you are interested in volunteering with DERM or becoming a trained disaster worker, contact DERM leader Johnny Williams or the church office.
LADIES GOLF LESSONS: Free, Ladies golf lessons for 2022 are in full swing on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. ,the Clyburn Golf Center located at 2091 Slighs Avenue, behind CA Johnson High School. You do not need to own golf clubs, they are provided for lessons. Contact Bendorris White, Golf Ministry leader, for further information.
COMMUNITY GARDENS INITIATIVE: Attention First Nazareth and friends. The community gardens initiative— a partnership between Heyward Career and Technology Center and the Greater Waverly Foundation— to provide fresh fruits and vegetables for our food pantry—needs your labor, garden tools/materials and contributions. If interested, contact Catherine Lewis @firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 2nd BBQ Cook off is June 18. Contestants needed—from back yard cookers to BBQ pros. There is a $50 entry fee and prizes will be awarded. In addition to BBQ, there will be stage entertainment, an auction, computer games truck for youth and non-vendor displays. For further information, contact Seabrook Reed, project manager.
- We are dressing up for our Juneteenth Sunday. Ordering options for commemorative t-shirts media center after worship on Sundays through June 13.
- Every home in the U.S. now is eligible to order an additional 8 at-home rapid COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free. Order at covidtests.gov .
- Free adult-size, non-medical N95 masks are available through pharmacies at CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, Kroger, Publix, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club and Costco. There is a limit of three per adult.
- We all have the responsibility to protect ourselves, our families, friends, and community. The Covid virus is still with us and only 54% of eligible South Carolinians are fully vaccinated. Covid cases and hospitalizations are increasing. Free Covid vaccine/booster clinic, for ages 5 and older, Mon-Fri, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Richland County Health Dept, 2000 Hampton St., MUSC Health Henderson St., Downtown and Northeast.